Sunday, September 2, 2012

Juicing – Part One

Today we went to the Coatesville Market; it seemed like a nice way to celebrate Father’s Day. Whilst most of my family enjoyed fancy sausages, I went off to find the Juice and Smoothie Van I spied as we found our car park.

What to choose? Detox, Liver Booster, Flu Chaser or Tropical? Ah… Lime: my favourite flavour (close competition with chocolate). The huge platter of carrots, apples, pineapples, lemons looked wonderful and the choices of the customers in front of me whizzed through the wonder-juicer.

My turn and Mr Juice Man mentions that the lime is flavour not a lime. Making sure, I asked whether it was real or artificial. Actually, I thought I was asking a silly question. No, it was artificial – milk shake flavouring. Egads! No thanks, can I have a lemon instead, please? Sweet man. Not a problem. Whizz, bang, done. Yum.


Milk shake flavouring, indeed! I don’t think he quite ‘got’ why people like me choose juice in the first place.

Juice has been on my mind a bit lately. I’ve had questions coming my way that have made me stop and think about what and why I juice.

Juicing fruit and vegetables removes the fibre, making it easy for your body to digest the juice quickly and be easily assimilated. Nutrition is fast tracked so it’s an efficient way to hugely increase your intake of vitamins and minerals.

What to buy – choose a range of seasonal fruit and vegetables. My choices have been juicing apples and carrots (cheaper than ‘firsts’), beetroot, spinach, chard, parsley, silver beet, ginger, limes and lemons. Obviously, not all at once but a combination of three or four is a good guide.

Don’t forget what you may have in your garden – parsley, mint, chickweed, too. (Make sure you know it’s chickweed, which is slightly stretchy if you pull it.)

If you have a juicer it’s fairly straight forward. Choose your vegetables and fruit, wash, chop to suit your juicer and you’re in business.

Part Two in next Blog Post.

Christine
www.gomoreraw.com
email: christine@gomoreraw.com

____________________________________________________

The Anglo-Far East Company
The Original Private Gold and Silver Bullion Custodian
Your reference when you order: an-001
____________________________________________________

YOUnique Gold and Silver

Buy small, affordable physical gold and silver or start a savings program towards physical gold or silver grams for as little as US$25 per month.
Blog : www.goldsilver-money.blogspot.com
____________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

Comments will be moderated and posted if deemed suitable.

Regards
Christine